As 15th October celebrated as global hand washing day so we are spreading the awareness and importance of washing hand all over the world by celebrating “Global Hand Washing Day”
The first Global Handwashing Day was held in 2008 when over 120 million children around the world washed their hands with soap in more than 70 countries. Each year, over 200 million people are involved in celebrations in over 100 countries around the world.
The 2018 Global Handwashing Day theme is “Clean hands - a recipe for health” and this year’s theme focuses on the links between handwashing and food including food hygiene and nutrition. Handwashing at critical times, especially before cooking, eating, or feeding others is one of the most important ways to keep food clean and safe, prevent diseases, and help children grow strong. Connecting handwashing to an existing habit - like a meal - is a great way to form proper handwashing habits.
This year’s theme reminds us to make handwashing a part of every meal and we are celebrating “Hand Washing Day” all over the world so there are few points below which highlight the importance of hand washing:
• 80% of communicable diseases are transferred by Touch (HANDS).
• Each year antibiotic resistance causes 700,000 deaths all over the world.
• Handwashing is an important part of keeping food safe, preventing diseases, and helping children grow strong.
• Hand washing, especially with soap, protects us from these germs & different diseases.
• Hand washing reduces diarrhoeal diseases upto 50%
• Wash your hands with soap at critical times, especially before eating, cooking, or feeding others.
• Establish places to wash your hands in the household, in your community, in schools, workplaces, and in health facilities.
Today our motto is “Our Hands, Our Future.